Pretty Good Commute

Yesterday's commute home was really just about the antithesis of my old one. In Charlotte, it involved a lot of sitting on I-485 on a 2-mile stretch of North Carolina highway that somehow turns into Los Angeles for 90 minutes every day at 5:00. Thank heavens for NPR.

Anyhow, yesterday's commute went as follows:
  • Walk out of office
  • Walk two blocks to Cascade Farmers Market
  • Purchase two pints of strawberries and a pint of raspberries, all picked earlier in the day in Mt. Vernon, WA. (Buy local!)
  • Walk 3-4 more blocks into my apartment.
Can't say I was spent. Still, if I was yearning for a taste of my old commute, I got it. Because almost as soon as I got home we jumped in the car to head to Cougar Mountain... because why go to the gym when you can hike? After a spell of stop-and-go on I-90 through Bellevue, the wilderness awaited.

I'm not trying to brag. I am trying to note the virtues of the urban lifestyle, though. The way I see it, life throws enough at you... why give yourself a stressful commute?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tune Day: One or the Other

Spanish for "The Meadows?"

Unapologetic rant against Counting Crows