Spactacularly Lazy

Happy new year all! How are we ringing it in? By sitting the hell out of our couch.

No joke, yesterday, it was 4 p.m. before we made ourselves presentable and here we are today, nearly 3 p.m. and we're both sitting here wearing pajamas. And, I'm not going to lie: it's awesome.

Both of our offices are on holiday time today and I'm sitting here realizing just how flipping busy we've been for the past several months. Not just work... it's honestly been the out-of-work stuff that's really been keeping us extra busy. Choir rehearsals and concerts, Sarah's freelance writing, my local board position... all of this is stuff we enjoy. And that takes time.

We will head to the gym in a few... we've still been pretty good about that. Plus, I am in the throes of a cold, so being sedentary is, I think, really helping me out.

But makes me think... almost every weekend is a sprint of getting chores and errands done and squeezing in some social time... and somewhere in there sleeping and relaxing. In fact, that's the stuff we usually let slide.

Not this holiday! We are getting the true R&R we need to kick off the year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tune Day: One or the Other

Spanish for "The Meadows?"

Unapologetic rant against Counting Crows