Adventures in Homeownership, Vol. Whatever: REALLY?!

So, I am in the process of selling my home. In fact, it's under contract. Today, we learned that our buyer would like to forego having the house inspected. They, apparently, feel that our sheet of disclosures and recent fixes are good enough for them.

Truthfully, I was anticipating not having many repairs at all. We know the house and really... it's in good shape.

So, there was this brief bit of rejoicing around 6 p.m. tonight, knowing that we would save a few bucks on any small repairs the buyer requested.

At about 11 p.m., the joy subsided.

As I was walking into our laundry room, I noticed a small bit of water on the floor. An investigation yielded that one of the hoses from our hot water heater comes to a triple joint... and at the bottom of that joint, a thin, but steady stream of water slowly misting the side of my water heater. And the floor.

Balls.

By the way... I have a home warranty. I called them. The customer service rep was very helpful. Except for being able to fix us up with a 24-hour repair technician. Then, I hit the phone book. Lots of people listing 24-service. Why, pray tell, did I have to call eight of them? And why would of the ones I actually spoke to, have two of them tell me they couldn't come until tomorrow morning?

I now sit here awaiting the arrival of a 24-hour plumbing who will arrive about midnight. I sense I will be spending about what I budgeted for repairs to the house. Balls balls.

Why the rush? At 3 p.m. tomorrow, my home is being appraised. And let me tell you... I need this house to appraise. Fortunately, it appears this leak was caught early and we've averted a true, damaging crisis.

But still... how long until I am a renter?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tune Day: One or the Other

Spanish for "The Meadows?"

Unapologetic rant against Counting Crows