Sunday is for Spin

Last summer, I feel into a nice rhythm of going to a Sunday morning spinning class. Then the NFL season started. Then it was the holidays. And for that time of year, Sundays just weren't working for me to go hit a bike for an hour.

Since getting through the holidays, though, I've been hitting the gym even harder, getting myself back into shape for spinning.

Today was the first Sunday morning spin I've done since August. And it went very well, but a few observations:

  • Apparently, it's vital to have a sadistic spinning instructor. I mean, she pushes everyone to bring out their best, but she's not afraid to call the room out when they're not.
  • Teenage girls who look affected for the first half hour - barely moving the pedals - and then walk out should just stay home. Spinning is not for everyone and, yes, by the end of class you will look sweaty and grimy. And if you cannot bear to deal with that, please stay home.
  • The music is vital. A group of coworkers and I did a spinning class on a business trip two weeks ago. Decent instructor but the tunes were brutal. I think a good rule is don't let an aging hippie teach your spinning class.
  • I guess Monica Seles was in my class. And she is now and Asian man. That noise you hear at 12:55 p.m. today? Yeah, it was this guy. Grunting. Groaning. Punching himself in the quads. I am not making this up. All very unnecessary.
Anyhow, I'm back in the saddle as they say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tune Day: One or the Other

Spanish for "The Meadows?"

Unapologetic rant against Counting Crows