Not to be macabre...

So, I wouldn't say that starting my Sunday morning at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is my preference for how to pass time, but here I sit.

And to pass the time, I'm on the Internet, trying to find news that will allow me to ignore the fact that Penn State lost yesterday. And what do I come upon first?

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (CNN) -- An engine fell off a Mexican government jet before it crashed, killing the second-highest official in the nation, the Cabinet member in charge of the investigation said Saturday.

Awesome. And then there's this (in comparison) "feel-good" story:

LONDON (AP) -- A British pilot who was suddenly blinded by a stroke during a solo flight was talked safely down by a military pilot.

I have no fear of flying, but why not some nice stories like "Flight 821 to Charlotte is on the safest plane ever and being flown by bionic pilots who never even catch a cold?"

Wishful thinking, I suppose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tune Day: One or the Other

Spanish for "The Meadows?"

Unapologetic rant against Counting Crows